WMU and Women's Ministry
WMU and Women's Ministry are places where women of the church can become directly involved in God's work.
First Baptist Church hosts a Women's Missionary Union lucheon and program on the first Wednesday of each month at 12:00 PM. For more than 125 years, WMU has devoted itself to making disciples of Jesus who live on mission. We are dedicated to working with churches and believers to accomplish the mission of God. WMU equips all believers to live in unshakable pursuit to know God more, to show His love unconditionally, and to make disciples who make disciples. WMU provides relevant resources that will help you learn about, pray for, give to, and support missions.
- Engage in Mission Action and Witnessing: The teaching and action of Jesus show us that the Christian faith is not stagnant. We are to share the gospel in word and deed verbally and through our actions.
- Learn about Missions: Learning about missions helps believers to better understand what God says about making His name known throughout the world.
- Support Missions: Christians have a part in upholding the cause of missions, maintianing missions work, and encouraging missions personnel.
- Pray for Missions: To pray for missions means to communicate with God on behalf of missions work, the people involved in missions work, and the people that need to know and accept God's redeeming love.
- Develop Spiritually Toward a Missions Lifestyle: Spiritual development involves growing in our realtionship with Christ. It involves day-to-day living that applies and carried out the missions imperatives of God's Word.
- Participate in the Work of the Church and Denomination: WMU encourages and provides opportunities for all church members to be aware of and involved in missions, WMU works with other missions ministries within the congergation to help the congergation fulfill its missions potential.
FBCJ's WMU carries on two major projects: "Pure Water, Pure Love" collects funds to help supply clean water to missionaries and the people they serve; and the collection of healthy snacks for the local office of the Children's Center. Many of the WMU ladies also sew "Pillow Case" dresses for Operation Christmas Child.
The Ladies' Ministry offers quarterly Ladies' activities such as Ladies' Tea, Ladies' Christmas Party, Etc. Stay tuned for the next Ladies' activity!